Nebraska Capitol Forum
Twenty Nebraska high school teachers are participating in the Nebraska Capitol Forum. Activities are provided to engage all students in participating classes in consideration of the issues. Teachers will select four student representatives from their classes to participate in the Capitol Forum program at the state capitol.
To assist them in preparing for and participating in the forum, teachers are provided with:
- Two free professional development workshops to introduce the Choices methodology which is the basis of the forum
- Choices curriculum unit U.S. Role in a Changing World
- Two additional free Choices curriculum units of your choice. For a complete list of Choices units, go to the Curriculum section of the Choices website.
- Classroom materials specially designed for the forum
- Report of the Student Ballot on America's Future
- Certificates of Participation for student representatives
A National Capitol Forum Ballot Report and state breakdowns are available online.
See Alignment with State Standards for a description of how the Nebraska Capitol Forum aligns with Nebraska Standards.
The 2009-10 Teacher Application is available from the Nebraska Humanities Council.
For information regarding Nebraska Capitol Forum, please contact:
Nebraska Humanities Council
215 Centennial Mall S., Suite 330
Lincoln, NE 68508
(402) 474-2131 x104