This unit provides a wide-ranging overview of racial slavery in the Americas and the opportunity for students to consider how the past shapes the present.
Teaching Black History Month with Racial Slavery Unit
Grab your colleagues and join us for Chatting with Choices! Chatting with Choices is an informal time for you and other educators to ask questions, explore features in our Digital Editions platform, chat about best practices, learn about new developments, and more.
During Black History Month, Choices will provide an introduction to our FREE Digital Editions unit, Racial Slavery in the Americas. We will unpack more than four centuries of history, demonstrate one of our lessons, and learn about how the legacies of racial slavery continue to shape our world today.
– Introductory materials for Racial Slavery in the Americas
– Opportunity to add a FREE unit to your Digital Editions account
– Time for socializing and sharing tips with other Choices users
– Q&A with Choices staff about curriculum units, Digital Editions, and more
– If requested, a short demonstration of our Digital Editions platform
– Anyone who is interested in learning more about racial slavery
– Anyone who wants to learn more about the Choices curriculum – print or Digital Editions!
– Anyone who currently teaches with Choices curriculum
– Anyone who is new to Choices and would like assistance getting started