Students examine the causes and effects of global warming and delve into questions of who is most responsible for and vulnerable to the changing climate. Students also grapple with how to respond to climate change in ways that are both effective and fair.
Thank you for your purchase of a Choices Program Site License for Digital Editions. Whether you have one unit or the Complete Series, here are five steps to get you and your team started:
1. ADD: Immediately add all of your teachers to the Site License. Instructions for adding teachers are here. Once you have added teachers, they will receive an email prompting them to set up their own passwords; they are then ready to go! Please share these Digital Editions instructions to help them get started. Remember that your Site License is available for your entire staff (including Spanish or French teachers who may want to use our units on Cuba and Mexico or the French and Haitian revolutions; English teachers who could implement a variety of our lessons that use fiction, poetry, comics, film, or song lyrics; art teachers who might utilize our videos and lessons on art analysis; and science teachers who may want to add our unit on climate change to their curriculum).
2. EDIT: Add and delete teachers as new staff join or leave your team.
3. SHARE: Look for your Welcome Kit to arrive in the mail, then share it with your staff members to help remind them about the availability of your Digital Editions Site License! Your kit will include posters, bookmarks, and more to share with your team. Encourage teachers to use all of the fabulous Choices materials they now have at their fingertips! Be sure to build in reminders about your Site License at department and faculty meetings! (We’ll start sending Welcome Kits for the start of the ‘23-’24 school year.)
4. SUPPORT: Schedule a free Zoom onboarding session with Choices so that we can show your team how easy it is to use Digital Editions. Your teachers can also sign up individually for our monthly free Chatting with Choices sessions.
5. LEARN: If you’d like to schedule more in-depth professional development for your team, either in person or virtually, email Mimi_Stephens@brown.edu. Professional development fees vary by length of session and for in-person versus online events.
A Site License provides access to a Digital Editions license for all educators in a school, district, or organization (not just social studies educators). Individual Licenses are for use by individual teachers only and are not transferable. If you do not yet have a Site License and are interested in one for your school or district, please fill out our quote request form.